Graduate Programs

Combined Degree Pathways and Programs

The School for Graduate Studies currently offers combined degree pathways for highly qualified undergraduates of Empire State University, SUNY Canton, SUNY Cobleskill, and SUNY Morrisville. Undergraduates may take up to four master's courses during their undergraduate study to accelerate time to degree completion.

Eligibility, admission requirements, prerequisites, combined pathway courses, and program requirements will vary by program. Not all pathways are offered to all undergraduate schools. Please refer to the footnotes.

The links below will take you to each program's page for more information.


Offered to Empire State University undergraduates


Offered to SUNY Canton undergraduates


Offered to SUNY Cobleskill undergraduates


Offered to SUNY Morrisville undergraduates

Advanced Certificates

The School for Graduate Studies offers 26 advanced certificates, listed below. Some of which a student may incorporate into one of their MA or MS degrees.

Advanced, or graduate certificates are a post baccalaureate credential and are designed to provide focused study to support career interests. Certificates are offered online and can be completed as an individual credential or incorporated into a related master's degree for those meeting program admission requirements.

Since an advanced certificate is separate from a master’s degree, students who want to earn this credential must submit an application to the certificate program. Application information is available through the college’s web page.

Students may complete an advanced certificate by itself or combine it with a master’s degree. If a certificate is completed by itself, it is not eligible for financial aid. If the certificate is combined with a master’s degree, financial aid will cover the cost of those certificate courses that apply to the master’s degree.

It is important to note that if admitted to more than one advanced certificate, these programs must be completed sequentially.

Certificates of Advanced Study

The School for Graduate Studies also offers a certificate of advanced study (CAS) in TESOL. The School of Nursing and Allied Health offers a CAS in Nursing Education and one in Nursing Administration. The Certificates of Advanced Study are post graduate programs designed for students already holding a master's degree.