Students may begin this 15-credit certificate in the fall, spring or summer terms. The certificate offers two 3-credit opening courses, two 3-credit functional courses, and a 3-credit capstone course as shown in the suggested enrollment sequence below.
|Public Sector Decision-making
|State & Local Government
|Public Policy Analysis (Capstone)
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Identify relevant historical developments in the field as they affect current practice.
- Articulate prominent theories in the field and relate theory to practice.
- Demonstrate facility with public finance and budgeting methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate public finance and budgeting.
- Apply decision-making strategies for government agencies.
- Demonstrate facility with the structures and functions of New York State and local governmental institutions; students from other states will have the opportunity to apply concepts to their state instead of New York.